Not all people know that only half an inch of our hair grows every month. Yes, we might see videos on Youtube that can make their hair grow at 3-4 inches in a week. But apparently, only a few of those videos are true. But don’t lose hope as there are suggestions you can try at home to help hair grow faster.
How to make my hair grow faster? You can make hair grow faster by massaging your scalp. Massaging helps improve the circulation of blood in your head and can stimulate hair follicles’ activity.
A Must-Read: Toenail Clippers for Arthritic Hands
In this article, you’ll learn that aside from massaging the scalp, there are other tips to grow hair faster. Plus, we will also enumerate things that you shouldn’t do with your hair that might lead to damaging it.
Top Tips You Can Do To Help Hair Grow Faster
Don’t always believe what you watch on Youtube as they say it helps grow your hair faster. Instead, try these tips you can do at home:
Try Massaging Your Scalp
Do you know what they say that massaging the scalp helps grow your hair faster? Well, fortunately, it is true. By massaging the scalp, it helps awaken the hair follicles and the blood. When it’s awakened, it produces lots of hair and helps look longer too. There are two ways to properly massage it- rub it with essential oil or the inversion method.
Directions For Oil Massage
1. Prepare essential oils like tea tree oil and peppermint.
2. Warm up the oil you have.
3. Massage the scalp with oil for 0 minutes
4. Then leave the oil in your hair for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, rinse your hair with oil.
Directions For Inversion Method
1. When you sit on a chair, flip your hair over your head, meaning it is positioned under your heart.
2. Massage your scalp for 5 minutes using your fingertips.
3. Then rub the front, back, and side of your scalp in a circular motion.
Drink More Water
Water is and will always play an essential role in our body and in our hair too. Experts say that people who lack water suffer from stopping growing their hair a lot. So, if you’re a type of person who doesn’t idolize drinking water, then make it a habit.
It’s simple. You just need to drink water every day or every after you eat food or snacks.
Choose Your Shampoo Wisely
Babying your hair is one effective way too to help grow your hair faster. Babying includes showering it and using proper shampoo as much as possible. Avoid using a shampoo that contains silicones, paraben, or has a dimethicone label. Because these ingredients can build up on your scalp, resulting in clogging of hair follicles.
Use Of Proper Brush
Brushing is essential to help grow your hair faster. You know the saying, brushing your hair 100 times a day, it’ll grow faster? Most people believe in this myth, but to be effective, choose a proper brush for this method. Experts say that you can use a brush that is rounded, plastic prongs, and a cushioned base.
Leave Your Hair Some Space
Aside from brushing, you need to leave your hair for quite some time, curling, dyeing, teasing, and flat-ironing. The more you give your hair a break, the more it can truly thrive.
Avoid Putting Your Hair In A Bun
We know and understand that putting your hair in a bun is one simple way to tie your hair up. But unfortunately, this habit isn’t good for your hair because it can make your hair. And when it’s damaged, the strands will break. Wrapping your hair with a towel isn’t advisable too, instead, try practicing a low ponytail.
Try The Potato Hair Mask
Another tip you can try is the potato hair mask, it may sound weird, but for most, it worked. To make this mask, you need two big potatoes, a tablespoon of raw honey, and egg yolk. Apply onto your hair, especially to the roots, and then wait for at least half an hour before shampooing it.
Factors That Might Damage Your Hair
- Use shampoo less often – Some would say that washing your hair can make it dry and brittle. Also, it removes all the protective oil that helps keep the hairband healthy. So when you want to grow your hair faster, it’s best to wash it without shampoo sometimes.
- Avoid using a heat styling tool- we’ve mentioned that using a heat styling tool isn’t good for your hair. It’s because it can weaken the shaft that leads to its damage. And when it’s damaged, it’s harder for it to grow easy. Heat styling tools include air drying, curling irons, flat irons, and hot rollers.
- Don’t brush when your hair Is wet – It’s true that when your hair is wet, it stretches and breaks the hair easier than it’s dry. It can cause frizz, split ends, and breakage, and when this happens, hair growth is affected. But it is better if you utilize a comb with a wide comb that gently detangles the hair. The proper way to comb it is to start from the tips up to the roots.
- Protect your hair from the harsh elements – pollution, sun and pool chlorine are some of those harsh elements that can damage the hair. Especially if your hair is fragile, use protective gear like hats or scarves when you’re outside. Meanwhile, when you swim in pools, it’s better to wear swimming caps to protect hair from the harsh chlorine.
- Avoid using harsh hair treatment – To avoid damaging the hair, better to avoid using harsh treatments. These include bleaching and dyeing, but you can use natural methods that don’t damage it. Like dyeing it with henna or lightening it with honey. Or better to leave your hair as it is if you want to grow it naturally beautiful and strong.
Overall, we learned different tips on how to grow your hair faster. Some tips are old, and there are also new ones. There is no harm in trying those tips as long as you know and have searched enough of its effectiveness. And try to avoid those things that will damage your hair because it affects the hair’s growth too.