Can I Get a Manicure With a Wart on my Finger? Maintaining high levels of nail care play a great deal in bringing out your natural glow whenever you step out. To get the best services for nail care, you have to seek professional help from a manicurist or a general nail expert.
Related: Manicure Basics
The big question raised here is, what qualities do you look for in your nail expert? What is the hygiene levels of your nail expert?
The reason why you need to answer these crucial questions is that some nail expert service providers will leave your nails with more harm than good.
Have you ever heard of warts? If you have heard about them or maybe you are infected with them, you are reading the right article.
In this article, you will learn about:
Warts are small skin bumps that externally appear on your skin which get caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
Scientists have proven that warts are contagious and can easily transfer from one person to the other. Apart from being contagious, warts can get very painful at times, and they can also be embarrassing causing much stress. The good news is, it’s fairly easy to prevent warts.
Can You Get Warts From Your Manicurist?
Yes. You can get warts from your nail expert because warts are contagious. For this reason, there are some measures you ought to take before getting nail care services.
One fact about getting nail care services from a manicurist or a pedicurist is that you will never see disclaimers about nail technicians having infections.
For this reason, be vigilant! Observe how your nail technicians are servicing their customers. For instance, you might observe whether they use new scrubbing pumice on new customers or they use the same pumice on customers.
If you see no red flags raised, proceed with availing the service. Always keep in mind that each nail care tool should get disinfected every time after use to avoid transmission of bacteria or germs.
There are five common types of warts according to where they appear and their general look. They include:
Common warts will mostly appear on your fingers or your toes. They have a round shape at the top. They seem too rough and grainy. When they grow on the skin, they tend to have a darker gray shade.
You will notice flat warts on your face, thighs or even on your arms. They have a flat-shaped top. Sometimes they go unnoticed because of their size and you can barely feel any pain.
In most cases, plantar warts grow on the soles of your feet. The unique feature about them is that they grow internally and not externally like other types of warts.
When you have them, you will notice some small holes on your feet which will make you feel uncomfortable when you are walking.
Fill Form Warts
Fill form warts can be disheartening and can lower self-esteem. The reason is that they tend to appear on your mouth, or under the chin. They mostly look
Periungual warts are the most known type of warts that affect most individuals. They mostly appear under the toenails or fingernails.
They cause significant pain and sometimes alter the healthy growth of the nail. You can easily contract periungual warts from your nail expert with skin contact.
If you failed to prevent warts, no need to worry. Warts are not highly dangerous because you can accord home remedies as part of the treatment method as well as visit the doctor for medical treatment.
You can always try out some home remedies for treating warts before taking the initiative to visit the doctor. In this section, I will direct you on the simple home remedies you can try out to successfully treat warts.
I will also give you information on the possible treatment methods the doctor can accord to you as part of treating warts. It is highly advisable to commence on the treatment of warts as early as you notice the symptoms.
There are different types of highly effective home remedies. On top of that, you prepare these all by yourself. Trust that the natural ingredients found in these home remedies will eventually zap your warts free.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The natural acidity of the apple cider vinegar works well in attacking viruses that cause the formation of warts.
After you apply the apple cider vinegar on the areas affected, you will notice them drying off after some time which will signal that the healing process is effective.
- Get clean pieces of cotton and dip into the apple cider vinegar
- Once all the vinegar gets soaked in the cotton wool, place the soaked cotton on top of the growing wart.
- Wrap the cotton wool with tape and leave it over the night
- Repeat the same routine every day for two weeks
- After the second week, warts will have wholly dried off
The presence of highly active warts found in the banana peels will work miracles in the treatment of warts.
- Take a banana and wash it clean
- Peel off the banana
- Take the banana peels and scrape the white mush from the inside part
- Rub the white mush of the banana peel against the wart
- Repeat the same at least twice every day for about one week
- Watch how the wart will heal fast.
You will find the milkweed plant growing on the roadsides or in your garden where you have pasture growing. Be careful how you handle the milkweed plant because it is highly poisonous when ingested.
Milkweed works effectively to treat warts especially those that appear on the arms or the face. Before taking the step of using the milkweed on warts, use pumice to peel off the rough skin on warts.
- Peel off the top rough skin on warts with a pumice stone
- Carefully break the milkweed plant into small pieces to extract more sap which resemble milk
- Squeeze the milky sap on top of warts
- Repeat the same process daily
- In case you feel some irritation after using the milkweed, rinse off immediately and choose an alternative home remedy treatment method
Natural raw honey is highly effective in the treatment of warts because of the presence of antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Use pumice to file the rough skin covering warts
- Apply an ample amount of natural honey on top of the warts
- Use a clinical bandage to cover the applied honey
- Change the dressing bandage after 24 hours for the remedy to work effectively
- Use this remedy until all warts get fully treated.
Natural pineapple juice is highly acidic and contains powerful enzymes that work effectively to heal warts permanently.
- Blend fresh pineapples to get pineapple juice
- Soak warts in the pineapple juice for about 5 minutes
- Do not worry about the sharp sting you will feel
- Repeat the same until all warts on your skin get completely healed
Garlic onion works effectively to heal warts because of the presence of antiviral and antibacterial properties.
When using garlic remedy, you will notice occurrences of blisters, but that should not worry you because that means the remedy is working.
- Crush the garlic onion in a clean bowl
- Apply the crushed garlic on warts and cover with a clean bandage
- Remove the bandage after 20 minutes
- Carefully rinse off the garlic particles on the wart
- Do this for about two weeks until all warts disappear on your skin
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera plant is famous for its multiple uses as one of the most effective natural remedies. The presence of the anti-inflammatory properties in the Aloe Vera gel fastens the healing process.
- Extract the natural gel from the Aloe Vera plant
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly on the wart
- Cover the applied gel with a clean bandage
- Repeat the same at least twice per day until you see no more warts on your skin
It is highly advisable to visit your doctor if:
- You have a diabetic condition and warts formation on your skin
- You have tried the home remedy treatments, and they failed to work effectively
- The only option available is to seek medical attention
Some of the medical treatment methods the doctor will accord to you include:
The doctor can prescribe freezing products that you can spray over warts and successfully treat warts. While using this method, you can experience severe pain as well as the formation of blisters on your skin.
The bleomycin treatment involves the doctor giving you an injection on warts to kill the viruses causing the formation of warts.
The imiquimod drugs are highly responsible for stimulating your body’s immune system to help your body in fighting the viruses responsible for the development of warts.
This treatment method is highly effective because it will heal the wart permanently and also prevent the development of other warts in the future.
Most of the over the counter treatment methods come in the form of gels or pads and have active salicylic acid ingredient.
The salicylic acid works to dissolve the warts tissue and effectively heal warts on your skin. Use this treatment method on a regular basis to speed up your healing process.
Go Through Minor Surgery
Conducting minor surgery is the last option your doctor will have after all the other treatment methods have failed to work.
The doctor will use an electric needle to eradicate the base of warts. After the removal of warts, the doctor will prescribe an antiseptic drug to kill all the germs around the skin and treat warts permanently.
You can be on the safer side and prevent warts by observing the following preventive measures:
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid biting or chewing your nail cuticles
- Keep your hands and feet always moisturized
- Do not share sharp objects or nail care products like pumice
- Avoid touching other people’s warts as they are contagious
- Insist on high levels of hygiene from your nail care expert
- Wear sandals every time you step out of the house
- Dry your feet with a clean towel to avoid bacterial infestation
Observing nail care is important for your overall health, too. That goes without saying, consider trying to prevent warts as much as possible.
Always make sure that your nail care service provider is at the forefront of observing hygiene. They are also responsible for watching over their health. Warts can sometimes cause pain as well as discomfort when they develop on our skin.